The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-04-2016, 02:14 PM   #1
1moretoy

Lmc truck good luck

Has anyone had a good experience with them? I've ordered twice from them and have had bad luck both times. Most recent UPS lost my order and LMC opened an investigation with ups to try and find the package. Mind you close to $700 worth of product. Called Monday for a status update and they said no luck yet. Person on the phone offered to re-ship at no charge or wait another day to see if they find it. I said ok let's wait. Called this morning talked to another person and said since they haven't found it let's ship again. She says sorry can't do that since an investigation has been open and can take 8-10 days to finish. Basically could be another two weeks before I see anything I ordered last monday. I don't understand how one person can tell you one thing and another tells you something completely different. I swear they are worse than the DMV. Sorry for the long post just wanted to vent my frustration.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #2
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Re: Lmc truck good luck

I'm not sure why so many people use LMC. There's board supporting vendors that provide the same product at a higher customer service level.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:19 PM   #3
Willie Makeit

call your credit card company and ask them to reverse the charges. I can promise you LMC will be in touch with a solution pretty dang quick.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:26 PM   #4
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressbog View Post
I'm not sure why so many people use LMC.
TV ads on Spike and Velocity, especially the Power Block shows (or whatever it's called now.)
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:37 PM   #5
BILT4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moretoy View Post
Has anyone had a good experience with them? I've ordered twice from them and have had bad luck both times. Most recent UPS lost my order and LMC opened an investigation with ups to try and find the package. Mind you close to $700 worth of product. Called Monday for a status update and they said no luck yet. Person on the phone offered to re-ship at no charge or wait another day to see if they find it. I said ok let's wait. Called this morning talked to another person and said since they haven't found it let's ship again. She says sorry can't do that since an investigation has been open and can take 8-10 days to finish. Basically could be another two weeks before I see anything I ordered last monday. I don't understand how one person can tell you one thing and another tells you something completely different. I swear they are worse than the DMV. Sorry for the long post just wanted to vent my frustration.

Were you given a UPS tracking number?

if so, pass it along and I will track it for you.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:46 PM   #6
1moretoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILT4ME View Post
Were you given a UPS tracking number?

if so, pass it along and I will track it for you.
I appreciate that, I was given a tracking number. My neighbor works for ups and he looked into it already. He said if they haven't found it by now it's most likely gone or will take a while to locate it.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:50 PM   #7
Gmc.guy

I can see ordering small things but I've seen people order body panels from them up here and they say it's expensive to do the body on these trucks, you can go in to Edmonton and get the same panels same day for less than the price without shipping. CAPS or AMP just to name a couple. I think it's just nuts to get them panels shipped up here from them when they are already here
Old 10-04-2016, 05:56 PM   #8
1moretoy

Yeah I pretty much ordered all the small nutsand bolts, Gaskets ect. I did get the grill bezels and headlights. you think they would be more than willing to help out. I've spent a lot less other places with much better customer service. I'll call again later to see what they can do. Maybe I'll get a different answer lol.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #9
BILT4ME

Well, if you've had a tracking number, then this is a UPS problem, not an LMC problem.

I don't mind sharing concern, but make sure that you are griping about the correct entity that has screwed the pooch.

As far as doing a follow-up with LMC, they have to either go through a sequence of tracking and determination of the parts or, charge you a second time and ship a second set, then credit you back when the determination gets cleared up. That's how we do it when it's not our fault. When we get confirmation from the claim from the freight company (UPS, FedEx, etc), we credit it back to the customer. Yes, both salespeople should be on the same page.

Good luck with your parts quest. I'm lucky with the freight part. I drive 5 miles to the warehouse and pick up the parts......... My neighbor works at LMC also.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:44 PM   #10
1moretoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILT4ME View Post
Well, if you've had a tracking number, then this is a UPS problem, not an LMC problem.

I don't mind sharing concern, but make sure that you are griping about the correct entity that has screwed the pooch.

As far as doing a follow-up with LMC, they have to either go through a sequence of tracking and determination of the parts or, charge you a second time and ship a second set, then credit you back when the determination gets cleared up. That's how we do it when it's not our fault. When we get confirmation from the claim from the freight company (UPS, FedEx, etc), we credit it back to the customer. Yes, both salespeople should be on the same page.

Good luck with your parts quest. I'm lucky with the freight part. I drive 5 miles to the warehouse and pick up the parts......... My neighbor works at LMC also.
Im not blaming LMC for loosing the package. Just frustrated that yesterday I could have had another order on its way with no charge to me and now they are telling me to wait it out or cancel the order. If ups does find the package they are able to send back to the sender so I'm not sure what their problem is. Oh well I'll have to wait and see I guess.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:20 PM   #11
byates2

I've always had good experiences with LMC. I dont always shop with them but i like how they use diagrams to show you how the parts go on and stuff (roughly).
Old 10-04-2016, 08:28 PM   #12
Msu1992

I ordered a few small things from them, about $60 worth of items. After a week, the order status indicated "Problem with Shipping". After inquiring what the problem was, an item was back ordered and not expected for 2 weeks. The item in question was 2 screws worth $0.90. I told them to cancel the screws and send the order. They did, and put a rush on it.
Msu1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:51 PM   #13
palallin

I have had many good experiences with them, some from long before this board (and most of its sponsors) existed. I have ordered from them UPS ground and gotten the parts the next day.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:36 PM   #14
El Dorado Jim

I have ordered quite a few things from them and never had a problem,but I usually order from Car and Truck shops in Orange,Ca
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:44 PM   #15
dfwright

I've ordered a few things here and there from LMC, mostly stuff I couldn't find easily from one of the other vendors. I've never had any trouble with orders.

Deconstruction began 5/2009, mostly completed restoration, 5/2017
dfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:03 AM   #16
In The Ten Ring

Stepside backup and brake lights from LMC were great. Mirrors, trunnions, and door handles were not.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:42 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

UPS lost your package and that first person you talked to was probably wrong, gave you false hope. Probably overlooked the fact that a UPS investigation is under way. The ball is in their court and LMC is waiting just like you. You really have to watch what you tell customers these days. With USPS its 90 days and it's their investigation. I don't care to do business with LMC, but none of this has anything to do with their performance or quality of products.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:50 PM   #18
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I purchased $2k worth of body panels for my 76 last year from LMC mostly because of their free shipping. It did take about 6 months worth of having to send parts back due to damage, or wrong parts. Some was due to improper packaging, and the rest was due to LMC sending wrong parts, or parts that were damaged prior to being boxed. It was a bit of a hassle but they made it right. Some of their people have no clue what is going on, and that was a lot of the issue. Trying to tell me what would fit my truck and what wouldn't since they make you put a year of the truck on the order. I knew what I ordered and what I wanted. UPS is who did the shipping on this too and they were good to work with. Hopefully they can find your stuff and make it right for you.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:49 PM   #19
davepl

Quote:
I'm not sure why so many people use LMC. There's board supporting vendors that provide the same product at a higher customer service level.
Because there is no central index or list of who the board vendors are and who sells what.

You pretty much have to know who's who or post a "Who sells dohickeys".
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:30 PM   #20
kcsa75

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
Because there is no central index or list of who the board vendors are and who sells what.

Have you checked the Vendor's Marketplace? It's not a complete list, but it's a start.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=195

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:16 AM   #21
Guy67UK

I have ordered a couple of times from LMC and both times I have been impressed with firstly how well packaged every thing was and secondly how quickly it all arrived seeing as I live over the pond in the UK, Ordered floor pans, rocker panels, cab corners, fenders and a bunch of other goodies on a Thursday and they were with me the following Monday morning. even got a few bits I didn't order included in the boxes ...
:-)
Guy67UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:04 AM   #22
Erics8

I had a mixed experience with LMC, ordered a left hand fender eyebrow for my GMC and a right hand turned up. I thought i'd stuffed it up, so I ordered another, and again a right came! Got in touch with them, they told me to send the parts back for exchange, I told them that living in New Zealand, the freight is twice the cost of the part! To their credit they refunded one and sent me a left free of charge, so now I have 2 spare RH fender eyebrows
Erics8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:35 AM   #23
aharper33

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post

Have you checked the Vendor's Marketplace? It's not a complete list, but it's a start.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=195

I agree with davepl. I find it harder to find out who or what the board vendors are than its worth. An actual list of the company name and maybe what they sell would be nice.
aharper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:32 PM   #24
Guy67UK

Maybe it's my phone but that link don't work for me
Guy67UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:03 PM   #25
AnotherWs6

In addition to not knowing who sells what vendor-wise, LMC is like an encyclopedia. Their catalog is very, very useful. No one else has anything that can compare so far as I know. I have yet to actually purchase anything from them though. Just use the catalog for reference and then go hunting/shopping.

A more comprehensive vendor listing would help a lot IMO. I'd much rather give my money to vendor if the availability and price are right.
2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon Sport - Wife's DD and the only classy car we have.
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote