The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2017, 09:50 PM   #1
streetstar

"vintage" Town car

Alright

-- this came into my possession a few months ago and it is an absolute gas to drive ---

I actually sought this out and bought it on purpose-- it wasn't handed down to me by an aging relative or anything

I wanted an old Lincoln , but I didn't want to go back so far that I needed to fully restore one, -- or deal with a 10mpg 460 V8

This one is an 86, has a FI 5.0 motor , gets pretty good mileage, and is an absolute gas to drive

Problem is -- I am in a dilemma where I want to take it forward a bit in appearance -- but don't want to "cross the line"

My thoughts were - 2" lowering or thereabouts , some 17" Tru-Spokes, and some decent pinstriping or ghost flames possibly while retaining all other aspects of a Lincoln ---

If anybody has any thoughts on how to trick out a big Lincoln- chime in ! --- I have seen a couple of Mark 3's on Counting Cars that were killer, -- but Lordy - those are $40,000 builds and are 2 door to boot

I really like this car -- but now that I have had it a few months - want to take it out of the "inherited from grandma" realm and invoke a little more style to it

thx in advance for any suggestions

edited to add: -- this isn't intended to be a big $$ project --- I know custom springs would be in order, sure, -- but no body mods and I was going to have what few dings it has pdr'ed and work off the existing paint --- I almost spit out my beer when I saw what real Tru-spoke's cost as well ---- if anyone has any suggestions on a wheel choice that would be a tad cheaper but look appropriate on a rockabilly style luxury car --- I'm listening

Nonsense! I'm in my prime
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote