The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2022, 09:27 PM   #1
SpudWrench

1965 c20 mirrors

Looking for some veteran help. I’ve scoured the internet for mirror options. Looking for the mirrors that will utilize the existing holes before I fill them up and attempt to touch up. I acquired an original c10 driver side cast iron mirror that utilizes the 3 hole pattern but seem the c20 had a larger spread on their 3 hole pattern? Would trade my c10 mirror bracket with possible cash on top if you had both side that would fit both sides.
Attached Images

-Shia LaBeouf
SpudWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:17 PM   #2
cwcarpenter98

Re: 1965 c20 mirrors

So on your driver's side door, you have the factory mirror holes circled. You also have holes for the optional mirrors frequently referred to as west coast juniors.

On your passenger door, you do not have holes drilled for the optional passenger side mirror. You do have the correct holes for the optional west coast junior mirrors. Most likely, the single hole circled was from an additional brace. You don't see that same hole on the driver's side because the brace was most likely bolted into one of the factory mirror holes.

In the first picture below, you can see the west coast junior mirrors. In the second picture, you can see the factory 62-66 steel mirror arm. The cast iron arm was a 60-61 only thing, but the bolts are the same. 3rd picture gives an example of the cast arm.

On the inside of the passenger door skin is a reinforcement plate where the passenger mirror would have been bolted if optioned. My guess though is that your doors originally came with the west coast junior mirrors
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:33 AM   #3
SpudWrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
So on your driver's side door, you have the factory mirror holes circled. You also have holes for the optional mirrors frequently referred to as west coast juniors.

On your passenger door, you do not have holes drilled for the optional passenger side mirror. You do have the correct holes for the optional west coast junior mirrors. Most likely, the single hole circled was from an additional brace. You don't see that same hole on the driver's side because the brace was most likely bolted into one of the factory mirror holes.

In the first picture below, you can see the west coast junior mirrors. In the second picture, you can see the factory 62-66 steel mirror arm. The cast iron arm was a 60-61 only thing, but the bolts are the same. 3rd picture gives an example of the cast arm.

On the inside of the passenger door skin is a reinforcement plate where the passenger mirror would have been bolted if optioned. My guess though is that your doors originally came with the west coast junior mirrors
Aha! Thanks CW. I suspected the west coast style mirrors but that additional brace hole was really throwing me off. Didn’t know the cast iron arm was a 2 year option only. Think I’ll save it for someone who has those years. Your pictures and knowledge have got me back on my feet. I’ll be on the prowl for them junior mirrors now.

-Shia LaBeouf
SpudWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:41 AM   #4
cwcarpenter98

Happy to help!

The youtube channel Vice Grip Garage has a set with an additional brace on his truck named Lawsuit

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson

Last edited by cwcarpenter98; 03-04-2022 at 09:53 PM.
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote