View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 01:22 AM   #31
Jvsapp

Re: does anyone know of a website like this for

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast75 View Post
yeah, i heard you could use TP back in the day. i had a friend tell me the other day that the stuff now is too biodegradeable and wouldnt work. i did find filter kits in the Concourse catalog. i'll just get some of those. i would like to find a new outer chrome housing tho. this one is pitted, i could rechrome it but i'd lose the Franz sticker. this friend of mine has some sweet cars too. a '64 malibu 2 door rag top that looks like he just drove it off the show room floor. a '49 packard, and a cherry '72 buick electra rag top.............
what if you found a suitable size Fram filter and cut it open to get the element out of it? that way you could keep the patina look and still have modern filtration? the flip side would be if you restoring it, get someone to make the stickers and then get it rechromed. hell with my nova i was lucky enough to score some original 60's license plates and even the registration stickers that went on the window. the stickers were repoped for movie props but i bought the remainders so my car will be rocking vintage plates, stickers and even the license plate frame.
Jvsapp is offline   Reply With Quote