View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #30
Jvsapp

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwise68 View Post
Jvsapp -

I'm about 3.5-4 hours north of Monroe. And wow, you guys absolutely thrashed on that thing! good job!

I haven't made any progress on the car itself - apathy and uncooperating weather will do that. But I've started on the head for the 250, and just finished getting the valves out and bagged up.

Due to money, or rather, the lack there of, I'm probably going to use the stock sized valves for now. My goal is to have decent performance, but not break the bank in the process - not that there's much of a bank to break.

So, I figure with the higher compression, and reworking the ports, It'll still flow pretty good, and with the smaller valves, have a higher intake velocity for streetability....or atleast thats what I'm telling myself, to reassure it's the right move. haha.

I'll post pics as soon as I can, and hopefully will have some more updates that are more productive.

-Sam.
yeah it was a whirl wind. the weather kind of threw us a loop, and his wife did too once she found out what he spent to get there. the small stuff screws etc were killing us. i think i saw more autozone, checker, farm and fleet, and Ace hardware than anything else. only the last day i was able to see some of the sights out there. but just like you i am in the same boat. small progress without breaking the bank. my nova is on hold while i try to get my daily driver back up and running.
Jvsapp is offline   Reply With Quote