The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Vinyl Cedar Shingle Siding

I know,vinyl?These day people want to forget about routine maintainence,so it has it`s place for these people.Here in maryland it can be 10 below to 104 and either flood or drought.Wood,and especially today`s paints,can really take a beating.
These old folks wanted to slap some vinyl siding on their old house down in Baltimore,since they weren`t able to keep painting the 70 year old cedar shingles.I hate to see an old house lose it`s character and they seemed to feel the same way.The vinyl cedar shingle-look is expensive compared to clapboard-look vinyl and they had a tight budget.They had actually talked to me the year before,but after getting someone else`s price first they told me they had to save or another year.I dug up a lower cost product that actually would install about as easy as regular siding.The "good stuff" installs alot slower and more of a p.i.a.,which I have a hard time charging enough for since the material is already so high.
The siding I found came in a color very close to their existing one,which they said they really liked.So,for a bit more than they had planned on again,yet at a discount from me,we came to an agreement.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 03-15-2009 at 09:58 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote