The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-02-2015, 10:35 PM   #26
Bladeboy1998

Re: a few questions about blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
He can't get more pictures because it's a rusty pile and he doesn't want you to know it.
See if you can find a board member that is close that will look at it for you.
That is most likely true. It is ohio, and a blazer. Not a good combo.

I will see if there is anybody out there, I have found a lot of ohioans lately, hopefully there is one close.
Bladeboy1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:07 AM   #27
Chulisohombre

There is a lot wrong with that and his description. The only thing it could have been was a park ranger vehicle for the blm or national Park service. But he has a 70 front clip On it and a late 70s up engine on it. Looks like a headache to me with a crapton of body work needed. I wouldn't pay more than 2500 for that. 4.56 gears was standard gearing on cucv trucks so it may have had the axles swapped in for to have that gearing. I'd keep Looking and it is shady he can't get you more pics before you waste your time and money to go look at it.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:14 AM   #28
Bladeboy1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulisohombre View Post
There is a lot wrong with that and his description. The only thing it could have been was a park ranger vehicle for the blm or national Park service. But he has a 70 front clip On it and a late 70s up engine on it. Looks like a headache to me with a crapton of body work needed. I wouldn't pay more than 2500 for that. 4.56 gears was standard gearing on cucv trucks so it may have had the axles swapped in for to have that gearing. I'd keep Looking and it is shady he can't get you more pics before you waste your time and money to go look at it.
I didn't think of park service or blm... very possible, although why is it olive color, weren't most of those white? now that you guys keep pointing things out, I don't want to really deal with it. Too much wrong. If anybody knows of a blazer for under 5k in the ohio area hit me up! Lol
Old 05-03-2015, 12:37 AM   #29
Chulisohombre

Back then I have no clue. Newer park ranger trucks are white from the 80s on. Or dark green. It's not correct either way the way it's built or listed. I don't think he really knows what he has.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:39 AM   #30
Bladeboy1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulisohombre View Post
Back then I have no clue. Newer park ranger trucks are white from the 80s on. Or dark green. It's not correct either way the way it's built or listed. I don't think he really knows what he has.
He has no idea what he has, just saw an ad for a nice boazer for 4 k and said hey that's what I'm listing mine at.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:17 PM   #31
Madtrucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
He can't get more pictures because it's a rusty pile and he doesn't want you to know it.
See if you can find a board member that is close that will look at it for you.
I agree, I drove all over MI checking out the Blazers for sale. People give every excuse to not have pics but promise it's a nice truck. All BS and that was at 10-12k. I finally bought mine from AZ, but that being said I wouldn't expect to much from a $4000 blazer.
My 68 lwb-swb 4x4 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=527176
1972/68 blazer 4x4 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=641824
Madtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:48 PM   #32
Bladeboy1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madtrucker View Post
I agree, I drove all over MI checking out the Blazers for sale. People give every excuse to not have pics but promise it's a nice truck. All BS and that was at 10-12k. I finally bought mine from AZ, but that being said I wouldn't expect to much from a $4000 blazer.
Bummer....