The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-01-2016, 11:03 PM   #26
hugger6933

Re: Bed Installation

Ok lets stop and take a breath the problem as I see it has not been addressed. Look at the gap on the bed and the cab as it goes up and down. Everyone is right about the cab mounts BUT if you look at the gap like I said the cab should be tighter at the top since the cab mounts have collapsed the cab dropped down and the cab would be closer at the top unless something else is wrong. When I look at trucks[mostly late model cause that is what I build from wrecks] I stick fingers in the gap and check top to bottom side to side for differences and use that as a bent frame indicator. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:32 PM   #27
JMEdwards

Re: Bed Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
Ok lets stop and take a breath the problem as I see it has not been addressed. Look at the gap on the bed and the cab as it goes up and down. Everyone is right about the cab mounts BUT if you look at the gap like I said the cab should be tighter at the top since the cab mounts have collapsed the cab dropped down and the cab would be closer at the top unless something else is wrong. When I look at trucks[mostly late model cause that is what I build from wrecks] I stick fingers in the gap and check top to bottom side to side for differences and use that as a bent frame indicator. Jim
I agree the cab mounts need to be taken care of.
Because the quarter sized hole from the rust the frame set's almost 3" lower than the right

You might not be able to tell but in the first picture their is a strap going across to the other side of the bed I also put a second strap on that is lifting the front of the bed.
JMEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote