The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #126
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Re: The Project formerly known as "E.P." now known as Bruise N' Cruise

I'm planning on 18's all around, not to big but not to small. Still un-decided on what wheel to go with, I'm not doing Coys or TT's as they're used way to much IMO.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #127
Jvsapp

if i could get different wheels for my truck i'd go max 20's. the 22's have are WAY too big. HEAVY. i can't complain though. they were free.
Jvsapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #128
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Free 22's?! I wish I was that lucky! They are considerably to big for my tastes though if I were to go out and buy some. Plus the added factor of manual drum brakes all the way around, don't see that going very well with anything to big. Lol.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 04-29-2009, 10:43 PM   #129
Jvsapp

friend didn't like the surface rust that was starting. said he was gonna get new ones. i took some polish to them and the surface rust came right off but yeah if i had to buy them i would go with 20's max. i have the same issue with my disc brakes. it's tough to stop some large rollers.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #130
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

I agree with you on Coys being used too much. It's getting more and more difficult to "customize" a vehicle and not do something totally unique. Although i suppose it doesn't really matter anyways, because it's all personal preference. Even though whenever i make a change to the truck i have to get as many opinions on it as possible for some reason. I guess seeing it from different view points really gives you great aspect of the project. Through those blabberings is more props given to you Dylan... Sounds like this truck is really growing on you. Awesome.
exmonkeypunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:53 PM   #131
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

That it is! I enjoy being unique which is why I'm going with a turbo inline six for the engine. I just got into an argument with a friend the other day because I'm building the six and not dropping in a 350. I told him it's my truck and I can't wait to see someones face when my truck blows their doors off and I pop the hood to show an inline six and some ground visible through all the empty space.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 04-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #132
Jvsapp

yes an inline 6 does make an engine bay look sparse. think of it this way. you'll have extra room for your turbo(s) and piping to the intercooler. i was tempted to look at a vortec 4200 as a possible option. they make 265hp stock and the ones they were running up pike's peak were putting out 600hp on the stock longblock. just having the head extrude honed made an additional 100hp. the motors are severely detuned for street duties. there's a 66 nova wagon that is running a boosted one putting 900hp to the track.

but where you are located, i'm sure you have access to some 292's. while planning my nova build i did some research and a friend was telling me about 292's from farm equipment. the cranks are perfectly balanced. you could put it on the ground kick it an it would roll away. he was running one in his drag car and had to add in studs in between the flexplate bolts. so much torque that it sheered the bolts.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #133
oldblue1968chevy
Grandpa in the rustmobile...

hang in there its lookin good with them wheels....whats next?

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317684

Grams 53-1953 Chevrolet Belair
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4327784

1969 Chevy C10 Shortbed 4.5/6?" Frame off resto
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=548136

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
oldblue1968chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:10 PM   #134
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

I like the sway bar.
exmonkeypunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:08 AM   #135
wancosc356
I Like Mine With No Shine!

Subscribed. Diggin the truck. Good luck and keep at it.

BTW: I almost smashed the bug on my screen that was roaming around in your avatar area! haha

1967 Chevrolet C10 Short Fleet (Literal Ground Up....One Day)
2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4x4
1969 Lincoln Continental Coupe Project FOR SALE
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...ct=4578&cat=17
1981 Honda CM400 C Bobber SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=384152
wancosc356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:57 AM   #136
thetchick

Hi Dylan,
Awesome for you!!! It has taken me 24 years more than you to finally get mine. I don't have any pictures up of mine yet due to my computer freezing every time I try to load one on (note to self... new computer soon).
I have a '68, 4x4, fleetside plain Jane. She has a 207 all original, manual transmission with a Rockwell Standard transfer case, not sure what make the transmission is , forgot to ask duh. I just got her in April. I know about my transfer case due to it being stuck in 4 low. Ended up being that I needed a input/output shaft and sleeve, (that was fun trying to find). Along with that the list went on to include a new clutch ,3rd gear, transmission mounts and all kinds of other little things related. My truck looks to be in close to the same shape as yours, other than mine needing a bit of hammering on some of the dents. Is yours a camper special? The bumper kinda looks like it, but then it could be just some generic one added by a previous owner. Mine has a strange heavy duty rear bumper which I plan on changing to a regular stockone at some point. It also came with 15" split rim wheels, I still haven't figured out what to do with them, can't recycle them mounted, but can't find anyone to take the tires off. The split rims where a notorious safety hazard. Did yours come with split rims? I can't tell from the pic's. I like your dog dish hub caps. I ended up finding some used wagon wheel style rims (they actually look like the ones on your trailer). I had them sand blasted and then powder coated white. Not terribly exiting but they suit her. I like the white bezels around your head lights( I call them bezels ,some call them doors and others call them rims), I think I might do mine white too. I also really like your mirrors, thats another reason I am thinking it is a camper special, I have come to find out some people call that styl mini RV mirrors. Anyway, congratulations on your spectacular truck, it's nice to see a young man with a intrest in the old trucks as opposed to the usual import stuff. Best of luck with it, and enjoy. I am going to give you a little bit of advice, for what it is worth. I don't know much about this stuff yet either I am just learning as I go. If ever you find yourself getting frustrated, or you are having a hard time finding a part...Just remember your truck is technically 42 years old and YOU own a little piece of history. As for finding your parts think of it as a treasure hunt for big kids. I have had a couple
of hair pulling moments in the short time I have had mine and those two thoughts have kept me sane. Well... that's the extent of my advice at this time actually I also know a decent place to get drive line parts, ok that's it. Oh, did you come up with a name for your truck??? I came up with "She-made-er" , I think that name is self explanitory.

You take care and enjoy your truck, you have a keeper there.
Bless,
Theresa

Last edited by thetchick; 07-07-2009 at 02:03 AM.
thetchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:20 AM   #137
thetchick

Re: Project "E.P."

FORD??? YUCK!!!
Good choice,
Theresa
Old 07-07-2009, 02:59 AM   #138
thetchick

I don't know how but somehow I was surfing and came upon one of the early threads on your build and somehow missed that you have been at it awhile. So much for my advice Oh well enjoy my message for what it is, just pretend you just started the build. You have done a really nice job. Your Mom must be going nuts with the parts everywhere, and your Dad is probably proud as a peacock.

I'll be watching for new stuff,

Bless,
Theresa
Old 07-07-2009, 04:44 AM   #139
Jvsapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wancosc356 View Post
BTW: I almost smashed the bug on my screen that was roaming around in your avatar area! haha
i almost did that too
Old 07-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #140
wancosc356
I Like Mine With No Shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvsapp View Post
i almost did that too
hahaha

1967 Chevrolet C10 Short Fleet (Literal Ground Up....One Day)
2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4x4
1969 Lincoln Continental Coupe Project FOR SALE
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...ct=4578&cat=17
1981 Honda CM400 C Bobber SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=384152
wancosc356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #141
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Thanks for the kind words Theresa, I've been hard at work on the truck for some time, granted it's been on and off hard work, it's all as money will allow. I've got some updates to post for you guys in a little while. I might as well go outside and take some pictures of my progress

I'll update this post as soon as I get back!

Finally got her on the road and running good, all that's left for me to do is get her tagged and titled, then she'll be my daily!

One of the things required of my parents before I could drive it was to install 3pt. seat belts. I finished the install of those yesterday, it went mostly without a hitch and was all bolt in. The hardest part of the install was bolting the retractable end of the belt to the floor on the drivers side. The tank really gets in the way when doing that. If you're planning on putting 3pt. belts in your truck try and do it while the seat and tank are out. I didn't and it was a little tedious. I bought them from LMC and they shipped to my door in five days. Everything was correct in the order and the packaging was good.

If you'll notice, the huge mirrors are gone as well. I ended up replacing them with some original mirrors that have a much better look and finish to them. I still have to drill the holes out on the passenger side, and fill the holes from where the hideous wind blockers were before. I bought those from LMC at the same time as the seat belts and I'm satisfied with them as well.

Me wrenching and my dad supervising, was getting the engine prepped for removal.

One of my best friends Garrett was over at my house that day, he was supposed to help... But as you can see from this picture I think the only dirty marks on his shirt are from when I punched him. All he did was eat my food, drink my drink, and ask me what was what. It was still a lot of fun though, haha!

I stand corrected, he helped me remove the hood!

Using the A-Frame that we borrowed from my uncle (the long-haired hippy looking guy in the bottom of the picture) and a come along I began hoisting the engine from the truck. I had been waiting for this moment for a long time!

Here it is on its way out! We forgot to put a jack under the transmission so the transmission kind of fell. I now have a new transmission mount sitting in the shop waiting to be installed, haha. It also somehow fixed the problem I was having with the driveshaft rubbing my crossmember.

Here it is finally out. Onto the next saga of pictures!
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan

Last edited by *Dylan; 07-07-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #142
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

I also forgot to mention that we missed one of the bolts on the motor mounts, so I now have two new motor mounts. You can see in this picture where it got torn in half. You learn as you go!

Empty engine bay, man there is a lot of room in there for a future big block.

Exhausted after finally pulling the engine, I had gone to work all day then came home and did this. It was a long FUN day.

Did a mock-up of the new engine. Me and my parents have been building this engine for 18 years now, I know they were proud to finally see it being put to use! Put it on the dyno the other day and it ended up coming out to 1046hp and 1134 lbs. tq.

Just lowering it down some so it's not hanging so high in the air.

Engine bay shot from the top of the ladder.

The engine I could never get running right, glad it's in storage awaiting a rebuild.

The new engine that runs like a banshee out of hell. It cranks right up with no hesitation and runs great.

Hope you guys liked the latest update of my build, it's about time to start on the bodywork and interior. Tackling floorboards of bondo and cab corners of fiberglass and mesh wire should be fun! Stay tuned for the next update!
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan

Last edited by *Dylan; 07-07-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #143
my67chevytruck
Under Construction

Dylan, Great forward progress bro! you must be smiling ear to ear. Keep after it . You have the board for support, so dont hesitate to ask any ?'s that may arise in the near future..

Heath

subscribe to the board here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=157669
FAQ how to's

1956 Chevy Apache
1967 C10 SWB FleetSide (under construction)
1969 K10 SWB FleetSide (Future Build)
1972 C10 SWB Stepside (Future Build)

56 chevy truck :
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2955823/1

67 truck build:

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=281357/1

69 k10:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=389470
my67chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #144
bigguy69
dazed and confused

looks good man!!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #145
oldblue1968chevy
Grandpa in the rustmobile...

looks good..

wadya put in it 250 or 292

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317684

Grams 53-1953 Chevrolet Belair
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4327784

1969 Chevy C10 Shortbed 4.5/6?" Frame off resto
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=548136

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
oldblue1968chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #146
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Another 250.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 07-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #147
thetchick

Hi Dylan, my husband and I really like your quote...can you tell us who said it? Oh and I need to mention I was completley brain dead last night. I haven't been able to sleep the past couple of nights, probably slept 6 hours in the last 72. Reason I say this is to explain WHY I MISSED THE NAME OF YOUR TRUCK IN CLEAR BLACK AND WHITE. Bruise and Cruise is a great name.
Theresa

Last edited by thetchick; 07-07-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:43 PM   #148
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Sorry to hear about your sleeping problems, but thank for the good words! Bruise N' Cruise is the name of the project, still haven't come up with an actual name. I think I might just got with Bruiser. Here's a little back info on that quote for the two of you as well.

-John Stuart Mill (1806-1873), “The Contest In America,”
Fraser’s Magazine, February 1862
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 07-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #149
Jvsapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dylan View Post

One of my best friends Garrett was over at my house that day, he was supposed to help... But as you can see from this picture I think the only dirty marks on his shirt are from when I punched him. All he did was eat my food, drink my drink, and ask me what was what. It was still a lot of fun though, haha!
noticed you got some war paint on there

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dylan View Post

Empty engine bay, man there is a lot of room in there for a future big block.
BIG BLOCK!!! thought u were sticking inline.... well at least next time it comes out you can rattle can the engine bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetchick View Post
Hi Dylan, my husband and I really like your quote...can you tell us who said it? Oh and I need to mention I was completley brain dead last night. I haven't been able to sleep the past couple of nights, probably slept 6 hours in the last 72. Reason I say this is to explain WHY I MISSED THE NAME OF YOUR TRUCK IN CLEAR BLACK AND WHITE. Bruise and Cruise is a great name.
Theresa
i asked him the same thing before. my dad had scribbled that down once when he was serving in WWII and i found it in his things after he passed. i believe it was written originally by john stuart Mills
http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/27169.html
Old 07-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #150
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Ah, I don't know what I'll do with the engine haha. It's going to take a lot of money to get it the way I want in either direction I go. I've still got a bug for a turbo inline six, one thing holding me back is I know nothing about a turbo set-up and don't have anyone close that I know of that I can go to for pointers and for some hands-on personal help if I'm in a bind.

I know the board is here, but there is nothing more helpful than someone that knows what they are doing being right there beside you helping you out. It would also be a lot easier on me if there was a set list of every item needed to do a turbo inline. That way I wouldn't be jumping in over my head like I did with the truck. I didn't know anything about vehicle until I started on this truck, not sure I want to jump into the "I have no f'in clue what I'm doing" boat again lol.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan