The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #176
stueber68
1968 C20 Vortec Beast

Re: The Project formerly known as "E.P." now known as Bruise N' Cruise

Nice truck man... just don't screw up and sell it like so many of us did in the past.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:05 PM   #177
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Speaking of that... I met a guy at the gas station last night that offered to buy my truck... He's going to give me a call. So I'll let you guys know what happens.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:03 AM   #178
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dylan View Post
Speaking of that... I met a guy at the gas station last night that offered to buy my truck... He's going to give me a call. So I'll let you guys know what happens.
Whaaat. Are you serious? he'd better offer you a pretty penny for ur truck.... unless you have plans for another something else? I was just gonna ask you if you'd already gone through your brakes completely? It'd be a bummer to see that thing go so soon. You haven't even broken it in yet. haha.
exmonkeypunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:53 PM   #179
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

I've got over a thousand miles on the truck now haha. It's been my DD for two months and I've been driving it to school every day. 9 MPG is killing me though. We just moved into a new house and everything is really hectic. I guess if you guys want to know the bright side I gave the man the wrong cell phone number. My mind was racing and I couldn't even remember my own number lol. He has my house phone though.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 11-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #180
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Well, the truck is officially for sale. May it go on to live a happy life if it is sold to someone else. I'll keep you guys updated on the new project I'm picking up if I end up selling this one
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 11-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #181
Ol'Rover
Project: years too late.

hey bud, long time to talk :P... how much are you asking? the truck would be a perfectstart for a project me and my friend want to build. I'de even consider coming down and trailering it back north. :P
Old 11-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #182
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

After recent events plans have changed and I am keeping the truck. Went to a car show the other day and got tons of pictures and saw tons of trucks. It gave me just the spur of motivation needed to continue on with my project. So guess what... I came home with some new parts

I'll be starting on my rust repair real soon, I've got some inner floor to do, rust at the kick panels, inner and outer rockers, cab corners, and some drip rail/cowl area rust to take care of. Needless to say for this being my first bit of rust repair ever I've got my job cut out for me. I've seen other people do it though and if they can do it I don't see any reason why I can't! Here's what I came home with the other day!

By dylanandrews
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 11-22-2009, 10:29 PM   #183
oldblue1968chevy
Grandpa in the rustmobile...

keep us posted with pics, glad your keeping it

sheesh, if YOU can do it, I oughta be able to...(mine needs to be done also, I have 0 bodywork rust repair skills, have most of all the basic tools for it though.

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317684

Grams 53-1953 Chevrolet Belair
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4327784

1969 Chevy C10 Shortbed 4.5/6?" Frame off resto
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=548136

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
oldblue1968chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #184
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

What all has to be done to yours as far as rust repair goes?
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 11-23-2009, 02:44 AM   #185
VA72C10
VA72C10

Glad to hear you're keeping it. Truck will be worth a lot more once the rust is fixed also.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:42 AM   #186
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

dylan have you checked out the fabman videos they are great for helping someone through the rust repair issues....

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #187
oldblue1968chevy

few spots on the cowl that I can see, drip rails windsield seal cab corners, all supports and rockers maybe more..

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Old 11-27-2009, 01:55 AM   #188
Smallz72project

Dylan, Thank you for all your kind words over on my post about "FED UP". I had to come over and read through your build, and wow what an inspiration you are to so many. Your go get em attitude is refreshing and infectious. In regards to you saying that you didnt want to get into a "I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IM DOING" stage again....I have a few words of wisdom.

One, that is the best way to learn something, jump in head (in this case hands) first and just tackle it. Two, Im a trained and certified mechanic in many area's (Diesel, HVAC, Brake, Chassi, Body) and do you know what the difference between myself and the back yard mechanic is; the back yard mechanic doesnt always know what hes doing and at times neither does the professional. We just arent afraid to try it, if it breaks or backfires it can be fixed. And Three, I give you a quote of inspiration that has always helped push me through hesitation. Unknown "You have to be young and stupid before you can be old and wise". General jist is just get in there and tinker like you are make mistakes and learn from them, and much like this forum is an avenue...surround yourself with "scholars" of the field and ask as many questions as possible regardless how many times they have been asked before or how stupid you may think they seem.

Dont sell the truck my friend, you will regret it down the road. Money comes and goes faster then you and I can imagine. Memories, accomplishment, and pride every time you look at your truck or someone compliments you on it last forever. If the truck is draging you down in terms of gas and so forth. Put it aside and find yourself a cheap $500 dollar car to commute with, you will be happier in the end.

Okay enough with the novel, I just wanted to commend you on your efforts and thank you for being an avid enthusiast in the real world and on this forum. Keep up the good work and never lose faith, I will be watching your build. Keep on truckin
A fellow enthusiast,
Todd
Smallz72project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #189
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Been a while since I checked back in on this thread. Thanks for the kind words Todd, means a lot to me! I ended up getting a little Ford Ranger as a commuter for school so now I'm finally at the point where I have a little bit of money here and there to begin spending on the truck. It looks like within the next week or two I'm picking up a 5 lug rear, and a disc break conversion for two bills. So that should leave me with a fair amount of fun work to continue with.

We're finally settled into the new house and I made it through my first semester of college relatively unscathed. Came out with one A and three Bs so I'm happy. This new semester is definitely taking it's toll in between 14 credit hours and working two jobs. I'm looking forward to begin work on the truck again and hope to keep you guys updated!
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 02-19-2010, 03:13 AM   #190
Jvsapp

keep up the good work dylan. don't forget to post more pics.
Jvsapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #191
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Just got a deal on a 5-lug rear end, front disc brake conversion, booster, master cylinder, and proportioning valve. Need to find some cheap rollers soon so I can do the conversion!

MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 04-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #192
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Nice score Dylan. I still wish I had bought that truck!
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #193
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Haha, a few months ago you could have bought it if you really wanted to! I had it for sale but didn't have any serious biters. Mostly people just came and did the whole tire kicking routine. How are all of your projects going? Any progress on the dually?
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 04-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #194
oldblue1968chevy

sweet you wont regret disc brakes

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Old 04-06-2010, 10:35 PM   #195
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Quote:
Haha, a few months ago you could have bought it if you really wanted to! I had it for sale but didn't have any serious biters. Mostly people just came and did the whole tire kicking routine. How are all of your projects going? Any progress on the dually?
I was off the board a while, but if I had known it, I would probably came and got it. If you decide to sell it again, please PM me. BTW, I bet those mirrors are long gone aren't they?

And yes, I finally got the dually running!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...254096&page=10
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #196
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_C-30 View Post
I was off the board a while, but if I had known it, I would probably came and got it. If you decide to sell it again, please PM me. BTW, I bet those mirrors are long gone aren't they?

And yes, I finally got the dually running!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...254096&page=10
Yeah, they ended up getting thrown out with the garbage. The mirror part was completely fogged up and the metal was pitted beyond belief. If I end up running across a pair that is in decent condition I'll let you know. Gonna go check out your thread real quick, looks like I have some catching up to do! I'll let you know if I ever plan on selling it again.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 04-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #197
mcbassin
Still Learning

Way to go with the conversion parts! hope you got a good deal, I'm sure you won't regret it.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #198
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

$200.00 a good deal? I just need to find a set of five lug rollers for cheap now.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 04-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #199
Hart_Rod

Quote:
$200.00 a good deal? I just need to find a set of five lug rollers for cheap now.
There's a $100 set of ralleys in Pcola CL. I've got some rollers if you want to make a drive this way.....

R/
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #200
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
There's a $100 set of ralleys in Pcola CL. I've got some rollers if you want to make a drive this way.....

R/
How much are you looking to get for the rollers? I would love to see that truck of yours too... Hmm... I take it you're done with the spindle swap and all?
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan