View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 12:42 AM   #19
Jvsapp

Re: 93 corolla JDM 20V swap

ok no new pics, but i do have an update. so i've been waiting for my clutch pedal, brake pedal, and throttle cable to come in from northridge toyota. i ordered they last week tuesday and it was supposed to ship via Fedex. well i sent an email tuesday asking where the parts were. called and left a VM yesterday. got an email this morning that broke my heart. said that my clutch pedal can't be located. that was the one part i needed to get going. the brake pedal i can cut down, but the clutch pedal is needed. i was about to break down and start cutting the celica one i got and try to make it work with the Japan one that came on the clip. i figure i go get the custom made power steering hose i dropped off yesterday to get made. $151 worth of custom JIC fittings and welded ends to work with my setup. i was supposed to head to my friends shop to get my tickets for this weekends Hotrod show. on the way down i figure i hit one of the junkyards and ask if they have any cars i can pull the parts from.

the yard owner said he didn't have any in at the moment. but did have a celica that i needed the throttle cable from. i asked to go check and low and behold through all 15 corollas i came across i FOUND A 5 SPEED ONE !!!!!!.... walked back out negotiated $45 for the parts and i walked out with the clutch pedal, brake pedal, clutch master, hard line and the celica throttle cable. the new pedals and throttle cable from northridge would have wound me $151. i sent an email to cancel them but i got a reply back stating that she shipped the parts except the clutch pedal that i needed. just my luck... up and down.... i did get the timing belt changed out yesterday so once i get some pics i'll include that pic for those who want the part number. the thing that caught me off guard was the tensioner for the belt. it's like a little shock absorber. weird. anyway hopefully pics tomorrow....
Jvsapp is offline   Reply With Quote