The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #22
johnsrob

Re: Help Me Pick New Heads for 383 Please

I really do see your point "GMR" and well put. The heads I recommended from AFR was 220 eliminators. Let's not just look at HP, consider the torque also and I agree with you. I think these heads are a happy medium, I feel you are killing "THREE BIRDS" with one stone.

1. Your HP and Torque Gain should have a significant improvement more 10 I imagine

2. It will quench your thirst for right now and accomadate what you are building now

3. We always want more HP and TQ after a certain period of time it is the nature of the beast and comes with terriority. You give yourself an opportunity to go to the next level if you want and not plateau. In other words you are getting your money worth maybe you want to build a 406, 434, and so on or use more aggressive cams. Think of it as having kids. Your son is a growing boy you wouldn't buy him clothes or shoes that are a perfect fit you will probally by them a little big so he have them for awhile and grow with him.

On the patriots heads, have a buddy that bought a pair also,made awesome power with one of those LUNATI VODOO cam. not sure of the runners though. good heads though

Have any of you guys heard of DR. J's perforamance and their Air Wolf CNC Ported Cylinder Heads

http://www.j-performance.com/index.p...d=44&Itemid=60
johnsrob is offline   Reply With Quote