The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
cleanshaven84

From drag back to street, my '84

This is my '84 Chevy I've been working on for almost a year now. It was a drag truck when I got it and am currently converting it back to a street truck with a few mods here and there. Plans are to put a new motor and tranny in it, do a few body mods to give it a cleaner look, leave it lowered for now until I can bag it, and basically have a clean looking ride when I'm done. I'm having to replace a lot of stuff the previous owner had removed from the truck. I got lucky and shortly after I got this truck I was able to buy a complete parts truck from a friend of mine for just $250 so replacing most the parts won't be too expensive. Anyways, just thought I'd share my project with ya. I'll post more pics as I get more work done.

400 SB with massive cam and a lot of performace parts. Also lowered with drag slicks. Had some bodywork done but was very poorly done.

Motor and tranny pulled. Replacing with a completely rebuilt 350 and TH350 tranny.

Fast forward a bit. Stock fuel lines back in place. Gas tank reinstalled. Rear diff replaced with a stock 10 bolt with 3.73's. Also replaced doors with one's that still had the locks and door handles.

And here's a pic of my tailgate I started on a few weeks ago.

These are some 15x8 ralley's I traded for the drag slicks off the truck. I think I did pretty good on that trade.

And this is from today. Got the firewall bare so I can get all the old paint stripped and get it in new paint before I put in the motor and tranny. Also pulled out all the aftermarket wiring the previous owner had installed. I'm suprised this truck didn't burn to the ground, lol.
cleanshaven84 is offline   Reply With Quote